DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
EP / Cardiac Cath Lab Tech, Cath Lab Dept.
Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Days
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on assessment/reassessment findings for each patient.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient status and condition to those professionals directly involved in the patient's care.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of cardiac catheterization assessment and reassessment and implementation of the patient's orders in accordance with the department and organizational standards and policies.
- Utilizes and integrates all available patient data in determining the proper completion of the patient's cardiac cath procedure.
- Interprets data to ascertain accuracy prior to distribution to physician for interpretation.
- Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physicians, department director, supervisor and/or appropriate agency.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, cardiac disease and possible treatment (under guidance of physician) of the needs of the population served.
- Performs and documents cardiac catheterization procedures required by assignment consistent with Hospital and department policies and developmental needs.
- Evaluates and documents patient's response to the procedure performed and communicates difficulties experienced during the performance of the procedure to aid the physician in their diagnosis.
- Makes appropriate and timely referrals as patient needs are identified.
- Works collaboratively with other health care team members to insure patient care and to identify potential opportunities.
- Ensures correct contrast is utilized within policy guidelines and according to patient's history, weight, age and known allergies.
- Assists with patient transportation to ensure patient safety and reduce waiting time.
Lawnwood's EP Lab performs an average of 10 cases per monthHours worked: M-F, 7-3:30 or last case Call: Every 3rd day, Every third weekend
- Education in a school of Cardiovascular Technology
- Previous experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab required
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association) as a Healthcare Provider
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website