The Trade Finance Manager reports to the Director of Margin Management and is based out of our Carneys Point, New Jersey location. This position will be responsible for analysis of program spend to budget, forecast and prior year as well as monthly and quarterly reconciliation and reporting. This individual will also be responsible for ownership of trade planner tool and administration to ensure data integrity. Position includes responsibility for managing and maintaining all commission related contracts and payments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish position as owner of trade spend applications
- Responsible for data management and integrity to ensure strategic P&L and financial accrual expectations are met by working with Sales and Deductions group to resolve any issues before each month's final close
- Build strong relationships with the Sales and Marketing teams to drive the successful implementation of identified optimization opportunities
- Manage monthly accrual reconciliations and balances
- Manage commission payments, records and inquiries
- Aid in the formulation of the budget and forecast for both trade spend and commissions
- Assist in Customer and item profitability reviews
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable)
- Manage 2 employees
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and assessing job results; coaching, and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals; identifying and evaluating trends; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Prior management experience preferred
- Prior experience in general ledger reconciliations, journal entry preparation, budgeting and forecasting
- The ability to think critically and independently
- Effective communicator, with the ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Must have accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous ERP experience (experience with QAD is a plus)
- Excellent time management skills
- Analytical, consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website