Job Description SummaryTeam Leader Production
About Lamb Weston
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization's goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
When you choose a career with us, every day is fry-day!
Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plant's process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
- Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
- Provide employee training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively.
- Assist with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food safe environment.
- Enforce plant rules, regulations and procedures.
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
- Participate in the support of plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Agriculture, Operations, or related fields.
- 1+ years of leadership or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- One to two years production processing experience desired
- Excellent PC skills, to include Windows, Word, and Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership, strong work ethic, proactive thinking, maturity, and creative capabilities
- Previous experience in a food-processing environment is highly preferred
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history
- Ability to work at any manufacturing plant location (Washington: Quincy, Warden, Connell, Pasco, Richland; Oregon: Hermiston, Boardman; Idaho: Twin Falls, American Falls; Minnesota: Park Rapids; Louisiana: Delhi)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Requisition ID: Req-004167
Country: United States
Posting Status: Full Time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Current Lamb Weston employees, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Apply on company website