Job Description SummaryThis person is responsible for supporting and providing coverage as an operator in all packaging and palletizing positions. The position or duties may change daily or even within the shift as coverage needs dictate.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook. Actively be engaged in safety, participate in safety programs, safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members. Report all incidents, near misses, and any safety concerns.
- Operate and adjust all equipment from the end of the freeze tunnel through packaging, including shakers, belts, feeders, scaling equipment, packaging machines, dyna cops, dyna packs, case settlers, gluers, and coders, to ensure product is efficiently packaged according to product specifications.
- Operate palletizing equipment and learn Manifestor duties and responsibilities.
- Perform duties of Packaging operator, Palletizer Operator, and Manifestor as assigned.
- Perform sanitation work as assigned by the supervisor to include scraping product feeders and product scaling equipment.
- Help train new personnel in the position of Packaging Operator and Palletizer Operator.
- May be required to perform packaging heavy labor duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Have the ability and willingness to follow instructions.
Must meet Sanitation qualification requirements
Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practices safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
Must be conscientious and consistent in his/her work.
Be knowledgeable of proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being done.
Must become qualified in Packaging, Palletizer, and Manifestor positions.
- Must become Lock Out/Tag Out qualified.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
· Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb
· Must have good eye-hand coordination.
· Must have normal finger dexterity and range of motion.
· Is required to reach with his/her hands and arms repetitively.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds on frequent basis.
· Must be able to push and pull heavy items on occasion.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee:
· Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
· Is occasionally exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat and cold environments.
· May be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
· Will regularly work in a work environment in which the noise level is usually very loud.
Apply on company website