Company: Lamb Weston
Location: Kennewick, WA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
**If you are a current Lamb Weston employee, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Job Description SummaryProvides platform-level direction and strategic planning in support of Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) Programs to ensure a locally owned, consistent, sustainable, and competency-based program is implemented across Lamb Weston. Assists and guides the PSM Analyst in the support of local PSM coordinators to build and maintain the consistent application of LW tools and processes to effectively manage risks and compliance obligations related to PSM/RMP program requirements. Functions as a subject matter expert in both refrigeration system operation, as well as PSM and RMP program implementation. Participates in all PSM/RMP audits and corrective action processes to assure continuous compliance and improve overall program performance.
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance to the PSM/RMP programs to ensure a locally owned, consistent, sustainable, and competency-based program is implemented across Lamb Weston.
- Oversee the compliance audit process, in-process checks, 5-year mechanical integrity inspections, process hazard analysis, incident investigation, corrective and preventative action process, etc.
- Works with the senior leadership team and plant managers to communicate and establish alignment with the vision and roadmap for the PSM/RMP program as well as deliver periodic status updates on KPIs relative to the program.
- Own and maintain the Lamb Weston PSM/RMP Standards.
- Work with Central Engineering to ensure applicable engineering standards and specifications align with the Lamb Weston PSM/RMP Standards.
- Work with the PSM Analyst to conduct in-process checks at each PSM covered facility. Interface with the local Engineering Manager, PSM Coordinator, B&R Team Lead, and others to deliver facilitated self-assessments of PSM program elements to assure the on-going “health” of these processes. Identifies improvement opportunities and, in concert with local PSM-responsible personnel, facilitates corrective action development.
- Coaches, builds, and facilitates learning and training opportunities for local PSM/RMP responsible individuals.
- Assist facility-level PSM/RMP responsible individuals in selection criteria for contractors working on / near the PSM/RMP covered processes to ensure work meets the Lamb Weston PSM / RMP standards. Define scopes of work/standard requirements for MI, PHA, Audit, etc. consultants.
- Mentors/trains PSM Coordinators and B&R Operators on the use of EM/VSU tools for projects impacting ammonia refrigeration.
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for OSHA PSM, EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) and anhydrous ammonia refrigeration. Participates in all facility-level PSM/RMP compliance audit and regulatory inspection to understand findings and glean common (across-the-platform) learning opportunities for consistent program improvement.
- Works with local PSM-responsible teams to implement a consistent (across the platform) tracking-to-closure system for timely corrective action implementation from compliance audits, process hazard analyses (PHAs), mechanical integrity (MI) audits, and incident investigations.
- Assists local facilities in identifying capital and expense budget needs related to ammonia refrigeration systems and PSM/RMP programs. Coaches and builds skills to foster local capability.
- Works with members of the facility to facilitate local PSM-related incident investigations, RCAs, and corrective and preventive action (CAPA) development. Coaches and builds skills to foster local capability.
- Provides expertise, support and training to plant operators to successfully manage and operate equipment to meet facility cooling and freezing requirements.
- Provides local support to facility teams around integrating PSM/RMP program management into the EHSS Management System.
- Facilitate periodic platform –wide B&R Operator/PSM Meetings.
- Assists facilities, as needed with data collection and metrics reporting for PSM/RMP performance metrics (KPIs).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science preferred
- PE preferred
- 8+ years progressive experience in PSM, RMP, MI, MOC & PHA
- Ammonia refrigeration experience related to manufacturing
- RETA training is preferred
- Conversant in IIAR and IRC standards
- Solid knowledge of 24/7 manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of all PSM and RMP requirements and their impact on the food industry
- Good leadership and presentation skills
- Experience with developing and implementing training programs
- Knowledgeable of operational & mechanical equipment, control and practices for refrigeration systems at facilities utilizing cooling & freezing systems.
- Understanding of food processing sanitation and quality control needs in manufacturing consumer food products.
Apply on company website