**If you are a current Lamb Weston employee, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Job Description SummaryAbout Us
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization's goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let's explore the possibilities together.
Receives, stores, and distributes products within a Cold Storage facility by performing the following duties. (Willing to train if no forklift experience)
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Move materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Sort and place items on racks according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code
- Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Mark materials with identifying information
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Count items for distribution
- Compile tickets from customer specifications
- Drive forklift to transport stored items from warehouse to plant and from warehouse to truck or railcar
- Load and unload trailers according to work orders
- Load railcars according to specifications
- Help maintain inventory records by making sure transfers and changes are recorded accurately
- Actively engage in safety, participate in safety programs, safety activities, and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety of other team members. Report all incidents, near misses, and any safety concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Will work around forklift traffic.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website