CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Maintains responsibility for preparation of the surgical suite, intraoperative handling of instruments, maintenance of the sterile field, and evaluation of changing conditions during the surgical procedures, making appropriate responses as needed. Is responsible for maintaining knowledge of surgical procedures and principles related to those procedures.
- Provides sterile instruments and supplies during the surgical procedure.
- Performs surgical sponge, needle and instrument counts.
- Creates and maintains a sterile and safe environment.
- Prepares case tables with necessary equipment, sterile supplies, instruments and medications/solutions for each surgical case.
- Assists in positioning patients for surgical procedures and maintains a protective position throughout the case.
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent 18 – 24 months surgical technologist training or equivalent for those who started in this role prior to 2/1/2016; Completion of accredited course in surgical technology or equivalent experience for those who start in this role on or after 2/1/2016; and successful completion of the orientation program.
- 2 years of relevant experience related experience Required
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Primary LocationSITE - Lakeland Medical Center - 1234 Napier Ave - St Joseph
Department NameSurgical Services - St Joseph
Employment TypeFull time
ShiftEvening (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Hours of Work3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Days WorkedMonday to Friday, 30 minute call coverage required
Weekend FrequencyOn-call weekends
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.
Apply on company website