CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Job SummaryPlans, organizes and directs the operations of the Nutrition Services department to ensure the delivery of high quality food and nutritional services to Spectrum Health patients, retail patrons, catering, administration and employees.
- Provides for the delivery of nutritious and appetizing meals to patients, retail area and catering patrons, and employees by coordinating the preparation of menus; the purchasing, storage, receiving and inventory of all food and supplies; determining correct methods of preparation to provide nutritional meals; coordinating meal schedules; and providing meal service in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, the Joint Commission, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Public Health Department.
- Designs, implements and maintains policies and procedures concerning food procurement, preparation and service which reflect compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that all applicable guidelines are followed in providing quality nutritional services on a daily basis, and that a clean, safe and sanitary environment is maintained.
- Collaborates with Registered Dietitians to determine menus, including modified diet menus. (Requirement for RNC Fuller & RNC Kalamazoo only: Until CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) is obtained, must at a minimum collaborate with Registered Dietitian(s) to determine menus, including modified diet menus 4 hours every 60 days)
- Manages the activities of professional, clinical, and support employees who are engaged in providing quality nutrition services to patients, retail patrons, and employees. Facilitates the training and continuing education of employees. Provides direction and support to subordinate employees to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Selects, trains, develops, and evaluates subordinates and initiates personnel actions in accordance with departmental policies and organization philosophy.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent required
- 3 years of relevant experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities: management or supervisory Required
- Skills, knowledge, abilities typically gained through related experience Required
Primary LocationSITE - Lakeland Hospital - Watervliet - 400 Medical Park Dr - Watervliet
Department NameNutrition Services - Watervliet
Employment TypeFull time
ShiftVariable (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Hours of WorkVariable
Days WorkedMonday to Friday
Weekend FrequencyVariable weekends
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.
Apply on company website