CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Join our Laboratory team!
Inpatient Laboratory Assistants work under the supervision of lead, supervisor, experienced staff, and/or clinicians within Pathology or Laboratory. Essential functions include:
- Collects blood specimens from patients of all ages, including pediatrics, throughout the hospital with a strong emphasis on safety and quality.
- Delivers exceptional customer service in a manner consistent with caring and respect while maintaining confidentiality. Interacts with patients, families, and visitors in a manner consistent with Spectrum Health hospitality standards.
- Serves as a resource regarding specimen requirements and processing, including the mentoring of new staff.
- Processes orders and specimens in the laboratory, performs computer entry, and other related activities per standard.
- Tracks incoming specimens, checks for proper labeling, and routes to appropriate location.
- May draw blood specimens from homebound patients or patients residing in skilled nursing facilities depending on shift worked.
- Performs EKG. Training will be provided.
- Follow all Spectrum Health procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Graduate of a Phlebotomy training program Preferred
- Dealing with the public, preferably in the medical or customer service field Preferred
- Michigan Driver's License Required
- NHA Phlebotomy Technician certification Preferred
Primary LocationSITE - Lakeland Medical Center - 1234 Napier Ave - St Joseph
Department NameLab - St Joseph
Employment TypeFull time
ShiftVariable (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Hours of Work3rd/2nd shift float working every other weekend/holiday 3rd shift
Days WorkedMonday to Friday
Weekend FrequencyEvery other weekend
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.
Apply on company website