CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Job SummaryThe Health Coach will be responsible for developing a relationship with employers and their employees to identify those with health risks, and provide health coaching to the member to actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education for healthier habits. The Health Coach is responsible for helping clients "shift" from a current undesirable situation into a new world of possibilities. By asking powerful but non-judgmental questions in a non-threatening environment, the Health Coach skillfully helps a member to become "unstuck" and to find their own answers. The Coach transforms the client's desired health and wellness state into reality.
- Performs biometric measurements at health screen events
- Provides telephonic coaching, consultation, information and referral services to clients managing various modifiable health risks. Demonstrates an ability to deliver effective telephonic coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change. Appropriately adapts telephonic coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific needs of each clientèle served.
- Assess participant needs, readiness for change and self-efficacy while utilizing readiness for change, motivational interviewing techniques and productivity measures to guide care. Reviews pertinent medical history, current diagnosis, and pharmaceutical data via information database system. Assists participant in forming solutions for present problem and determine realistic goals. Documents goals, interventions and outcomes in the Vital Health Coaching Assessment and database system.
- Promotes wellness and provides education regarding preventive care measures. Links participant to Priority Health and community, employer group and health management resources. Determine and provide relevant community and/or healthcare resources that help support participant's desired change and effective medical care.
- Communicates, as needed, with service delivery partners, physicians, and other health professional to provide case coordination and develop a plan of care that facilitates the efficient use of health care resources.
- Effectively assess, coach and graduate participants from health coaching, resulting in appropriately managed caseloads.
- Documents participant activities and coaching/counseling sessions in established clinical format using the Vital platform. Maintains and reports accurate, timely and appropriate outcomes data in the Vital database. Maintains availability (within scheduled business hours) for coaching in Microsoft Outlook Calendar. Performs assessments and scheduling duties as required. Demonstrates established customer service behaviors and standards. Treat all clients with courtesy, dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Supports integration between wellness, medical and clinical programs in the ongoing development and implementation of reporting tools and methodologies.
- Required Associate's Degree in health education, nutrition, exercise physiology, marketing, communications, business administration or other health related field
- Health and Wellness Coach Certified - International Coach Federation (ICF) or National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC) Required
- 1 year of relevant experience as a health coach in a healthcare setting with experience in direct education and/or coaching of individuals for disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change. Required
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, pre-post natal care, stress reduction and chronic conditions. Preferred
- Current knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes) and basic understanding of exercise principles, nutrition and weight management. Preferred
- Experience in PC-based word processing and database documentation (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook) Preferred
Primary LocationSITE - Lakeland At Meadowbrook - 2550 Meadowbrook Rd - Benton Harbor
Department NameHealthwave - Lakeland
Employment TypePart time
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours0.04
Hours of WorkWithin the hours of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Days WorkedVariable Days, Monday to Saturday
Weekend FrequencyVariable weekends
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.
Apply on company website