MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Support Service Training Coordinator.
The Training Coordinator will serve as the primary trainer for all incoming team members in either area. A candidate for this position will also act as a point of contact for both Accessioners and Lab Assistants within these departments.
- Performs training of newly hired employees
- Provides re-training on company topics such as policies, procedures, and programs as needs dictate
- Conducts group and individualized training for purposes of work performance enhancement and general education
- Serves as a procedural and compliance resource for employees in assigned areas
- Acts as a subject matter expert in areas of responsibility
- Actively enforces operational goals, policies, and procedures
- Reviews, revises, and implements SOPs
- Promotes a positive work environment and team participation
- Supports interdepartmental communication and cross-functionality
- Assists with departmental responsibilities as needed including: specimen receipt, labeling and aliquotting of specimens, expediting STAT and priority testing, pre-analytical processing of specimens, stocking supplies
- Troubleshoots specimen and instrument issues as needed
- Addresses employee concerns and elevates to the Supervisors as appropriate
- Assists with departmental projects and initiatives
- Acts as a work leader to coordinate workflow in the absence of a team lead and/or supervisor
- Performs administrative duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer experience required
- Type a minimum of 7,000 KPH
- Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, proficiency with numbers, research information, and use computerized databases
- Able to work independently under general supervision with excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to train and motivate others
- Ability to stand in an upright position or sit in normal seated position for extended periods of time and perform repetitive duties
- Speech clarity, utilization of fingers and hands, handling-seizing, holding, grasping, lifting (up to 50 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures.
- Hazardous chemical waste management-Proper identification of know hazardous material in the work place; knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures.
- Knowledge of personal protection measures, avoidance of accidents.
- Working Conditions:
- Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens; regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases; must comply with applicable safety procedures.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a medical or scientific field
- Previous experience in clinical accessioning or pre-analytical pain management
- Knowledge of specimen types, tubes, and media.
- Able to decipher relevance of information on requisitions
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations and Universal Precautions when dealing with patient sample.
3rd shift position, 15% shift differential pay in addition to hourly base.
Some overtime required.Shift 3 Schedule Tuesday -- Saturday 10:00p - 6:30a
Apply on company website