Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technician in Tampa, FL. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe environment/wear appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 4+ years of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Sr. Technologist level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Demonstrated success in clinical testing technical proficiency and scientific knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of specific laboratory and/or department functions
- Ability to exercise judgement to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Proficient with computers and familiarity with laboratory information systems
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!Shift 2 Schedule Mon-Fri, 3:00pm-11:30pm
Apply on company website