Corporate IT is actively searching for experienced expert-level Application UI Architects who will leverage their technology skills to develop business solutions within the healthcare industry. The Application User Interface Architect role will be part of newly formed development teams within LabCorp and contribute to creating standards for and implementing the user interface layer of web applications. The applicant will be challenged with cutting-edge technologies to provide a modern framework for web applications (in browser or Electron wrapper) solutions across virtualized machines, and hybrid cloud platforms (IaaS). As part of this transformational team the applicant will build and enable new business and IT workflows that emphasize rapid delivery. The prospective candidate will be engaged in a wide variety of work, including but not limited to web applications and their service interfaces, automation and coaching/mentoring of teams adopting the platforms. The Application User Interface Architect will provide technical leadership in our agile development teams. The role will include dealing with complex business integrations, eliciting requirements, and implementing engaging web applications that consume efficiently data services across the organization. The applicant will drive the evolution of our solutions and ensure that we meet our internal and external clients' software requirements.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live longer and healthier lives" every day.
- Provide modern and fast single page applications and address unique challenges in the interaction with various devices and input preferences.
- Work with the UX/UI designer team, project managers, business analysts, web service software developers and users across the organization and create a fast, intuitive, and easy-to-use software.
- Provides architectural guidance to the development team.
- Contributes to the SOA standards for the company
- Follows best practices for test-driven development (unit testing and beyond)
- Designs functional/system integration tests and automation.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts on product requirements analysis.
- Performs code and design reviews with peers.
- Conducts complex impact analysis.
- Contributes complex application architecture and technical alternatives.
- Pushes the envelope with innovative and creative thinking
- Deal with complex business integrations, elicit requirements, contribute to mockups and wire frames, and implement the user interface (UI) as part of an integrated and agile development team.
- Drive the evolution of our solutions and ensure that we meet our internal and external clients' software requirements. Assist the UX/UI designer team in brainstorming, research, and wireframe translation into reusable components for deliverables and larger development teams across the organization.
- Deliver prototypes, reusable and shared UI components, advanced scripting solutions, and implementations of application UIs.
- Develop and drive evolution of application development standards and coding guides. Ensure user software requirements are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or foreign equivalent plus ten (10) years of experience as Architect, Technical Lead, User Interface Developer, Consultant, or Software Engineer.
- 10+ year experience and expert knowledge of user interface development.
- 3+ year experience with application architecture for large enterprise solutions.
- Experience with Electron for delivering web technologies wrapped inside desktop applications.
- Working experience with Spring, Hibernate, Maven, and other frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of highly efficient RDBMS SQL (e.g. DB2, Oracle).
- Working knowledge with NoSQL implementations a plus (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB, Hadoop).
- Work as a multi-skilled professional practicing Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior developers as well as teams adopting the platforms.
- Experience with UI automation testing frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment.
- Passion for collaboration and working on agile teams.
Apply on company website