Location: Burlington, NC
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
- Identify, plan and execute testing activities to ensure high quality software and ensure compliance according to regulatory statutes, policies and procedures.
- Test Web Application software, including Java and .Net, Web Services.
- Perform white-box tests.
- Create and maintain test plans, cases and summaries. Execute manual and automated test cases/scripts.
- Manage test data and perform data analysis. Define, maintain and organize input and output data.
- Develop and maintain quality repositories to assure quality data integrity, including IBM DB2, Oracle and Sybase database platforms.
- Communicate QA risks, milestones, and status to the QA lead or Project Manager.
- Review and verify functional and system requirements to ensure project deliverables pass QA criteria.
- Provide work estimates for testing activities.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of QA test environment and tools.
- Collect and report on quality statistics and metrics.
- Record and monitor discovered defects and QA related issues.
- Participate in quality related discussions.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Improve test cycle duration through the use of testing tools.
- Self-managing with the ability to control the analysis and quality processes throughout the software lifecycle while continuously driving quality into the overall work process.
- Ability to project, schedule and track assigned tasks or tasks of others; able to determine scope and provide input to manage work effort, project resourcing and risks as required.
- Conduct and/or participate in user interviews, workflow/process analysis, site visits, surveys and documentation analysis to compile, evaluate, reconcile and determine user needs, requirements and objectives.
- Create, review and/or evaluate business and product requirement documentation, use cases, technical/design documents, architecture/workflow diagrams and other specifications as inputs into test documentation.
- Develop, review and/or provide inputs into test plans, user acceptance plans, test cases/scenarios, test matrices and other quality documents.
- Perform and/or provide support into the test execution, defect reporting and resolution, user testing/reviews, metrics reporting and status, results validation and documentation storage.
- Collaborate with various IT entities such as the Development, Application Support, Infrastructure, etc.to ensure the proper implementation of key functionalities, requirements and processes.
- Serves as a conduit between the IT entities and the business community (internal or external customers).
- Organize and manage assigned tasks, provide project estimations and perform risk assessments and planning.
- Provide peer support, Production support during normal or off-hour timeframes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years practical experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience using enterprise-level requirements definition and management systems.
- Experience using both Agile and Waterfall testing methodologies.
- Ability to analyze complex processes and systems, identify problems, develop logical conclusions, and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to reduce abstract ideas to easily understood procedures and processes.
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not required.
- Experience testing various application types (mainframe, web based, client/server, COTS, etc.) from a functional and integration perspective.
- Ability to provide detailed testing documentation to developers/automation engineers in clear concise method.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Software Management tools: HP Quality Center or equivalent test management tool
- Defect Tracking tools (JIRA, ALM, Web-based), Database Analysis tools (TOAD, SQL Developer or similar)
- Experience using Change Management applications or Enterprise-level tracking systems to manage business work requests.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PCI and other regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Experience testing or analyzing mainframe, web, .NET, VB, middleware components, services and other development technologies.
- Experience with various lifecycle methodologies: Waterfall, Agile.
Apply on company website