The Sequenom division of LabCorp, focused on COVID-19 assay development has an exciting opportunity for a Scientist to join its R&D Diagnostics Development Team! In conjunction with the Marketing and Sales teams, the Senior Scientist will conceive of new & innovative diagnostic testing opportunities. The selected candidate will plan and execute proof of concept experiments, evaluate assay potential relative to current commercial options and assess the time and resources required for biochemistry development. Along with other team members, he/she will plan and execute experiments, critically analyze the data and interpret the results. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry as well as a proven track record in development of novel nucleic acid detection assays.
Experience with the analysis of genomic data, in particular NGS and/or microarray data, is preferred. Understanding of the fundamentals of sampling statistics and low frequency variant detection is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic R&D team and have the opportunity to participate in novel technology development.
- Independently and/or collaboratively conceive, initiate, and apply for the acceptance of new projects
- Design model systems for proof-of-concept studies
- Develop next generation sequencing methods and perform data analysis/interpretation
- Develop target enrichment approaches utilizing multiplex PCR and/or capture methods
- Automate and streamline workflows for easy adaptation in the clinical laboratory
- Design and execute appropriate analytical verification studies
- Perform data analysis with graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (R, Excel, JMP)
- Contribute to the team focusing on non-invasive prenatal testing and other molecular diagnostic assay development
- Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports, summary reports and presentations
- Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings and project meetings
- Participate and present findings at conferences
- Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
- Participate in the development of patent applications, if applicable
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics or related field and 3+ years' industrial experience in an applied research and/or development environment (postdoctoral work may serve as experience)
- Minimum 3 years' experience with creation and optimization of next generation sequencing-based assays
- Minimum 3 years' experience with targeted NGS enrichment technologies
- Strong background in experimental design and assay optimization.
- Strong background in data analysis using statistical software packages including R or JMP
- Experience with immunology, virology, and/or novel disease assay development
- Project and resource management experience
Apply on company website