- Investigates new tests, conducts market search for available providers, determines and recommends whether the test should be performed in-house or as a send out, and provides appropriate guidance for inclusion in all test setup related systems including Test Master, Pricing, S&T, R&D, CCR and Operations.
- Analyzes updates/changes to existing tests from the various referral labs, determines appropriate actions, identifies impacted areas in the corporation, supports leadership and guidance for implementation of changes.
- Leads all RFPS/bidding among referral labs, manages contract and pricing negotiations including various business departments to identify and ensure needs will be met, executes referral agreement and coordinates all system changes needed to bring up the test. Manages the ongoing business relationship with the referral laboratories including preparing executive briefings, leading periodic and as needed business reviews, developing and monitoring report cards and performance, etc. Updating and communicating pricing changes within LCA systems. Leads the annual referral testing pricing audit, together with Internal Audit or Finance delegates.
- Manages all issues with reporting of referral results including determining impact to lab operations, customers, Revenue Cycle Management (Billing) and any other affected departments. Working closely with the referral labs, provides guidance to IT for all new development, ongoing interface requirements and appropriate escalation to senior leadership for critical issues. Identifies and works with Accounts Payable department to resolve payments and credit hold issues as required.
- Designs and develops new and/or updates existing SOP's for national referral operations. Coordinates with various operations teams for deployment of new referral tests and procedures. Hosts routine and ad hoc conference calls with referrals teams. This includes sister labs, hospitals and acquisitions where specimens are routed through regional referral departments. Maintains referral databases and ad hoc reports.
- Supports acquisitions, mergers, and hospital requirements for in-house and send out testing, including due diligence, coordination and transition as required, and implementation with internal and external parties.
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a Bachelor's Degree in appropriate academic areas w/7+ years of applicable work experience.
Knowledge | Skills | Abilities | Experience
- Proven experience with sourcing, contracting, financial analysis associated with make/buy decisions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access or similar database functions and ability to support system upgrades
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to complete analytical evaluations to be presented to senior leadership decision makers
Apply on company website