Are you an experienced lab technologist looking to advance your career? Are you detailed oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability?
LabCorp are seeking a Lab Services Team Lead to join our Infectious Disease lab team in Burlington, NC! This position is eligible for over time and offers a shift differential!
The Infectious Disease Department at the Center for Esoteric Testing is responsible for molecular testing of samples for HIV, HBV, and HCV. Tests are used for both diagnosis of infection with these viruses and for therapeutic monitoring of patients; and range from relatively simple assays designed to detect viral nucleic-acid all the way to complex sequencing tests for characterizing viral genomes.
- Performing routine and moderate to complex tests and analysis according to established procedures in designated technical department.
- Evaluates new procedures or methods under direct supervision of department supervisor or group leader.
- Reviewing and assigning work
- Assists in training and orientation of personnel as assigned.
- Overseeing daily operations.
- Administering the quality control program,
- Ensuring that schedule time frames are met,
- Advising management of problem areas,
- Assisting in employee actions,
- Acting as liaison with other departments and customers on technical inquiries and test results.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science as required by CLIA.
- At least 7 years of clinical laboratory testing experience required.
- Previous leadership experience and/or technical knowledge of techniques/concepts related to infectious disease or molecular testing strongly desired
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent in time management and organization.
- Color blindness testing required upon hire
Apply on company website