As a market leader in central laboratory, pre-clinical services and clinical trial management services, Labcorp Drug Development works with most leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to life-saving medicines to patients in need sooner. Over the past 10 years we have handled over 10,000 clinical trials in more than 600 indications, worked with over 200 thousand investigators, and collected data from over 14 million patient visits. Recognizing the enormous potential of data-driven decision making, we are developing cutting-edge informatics capabilities to unleash the power of this data to help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies protect patient safety, reduce cost and increase speed of clinical development to bring new medications to patients who cannot wait.
Labcorp Drug Development is seeking a Sr IT (Cache) Manager to join our team. In the role, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and Supervise the day-to-day operations of the team members including but not limited to:
- Establish, monitor, and report performance metrics for assigned direct reports and take corrective action when appropriate.
- Accountable for the activities and outcomes of its direct reports, taking corrective actions where appropriate.
- Complete thorough, timely and well-documented performance evaluations and, where applicable, interim progress review for the assigned direct reports.
- Ensure the seamless integration of the team services.
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation to successfully implement and execute project plans to achieve agreed upon service levels.
- Manage the workload balance within their team and participate in resource management across all global teams.
- Responsible to communicate/cascade down information from the Sr Management to their direct reports to inform their team about the key company's decision
- Grow and develop the Engineering team including but not limited to:
- Ensure the development of a competent workforce to meet growth plans within budget.
- Establish individual development plans for direct reports to keep the team engaged and dedicated and to develop future talents for the company.
- Responsible to develop succession plans for key roles within the team (e.g. Sr members, client leads,…)
- Instill and manage a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and productivity:
- Ensure the consistent implementation, use, and review of SOPs.
- Monitor and track resolution of all client complaints, issues and concerns related to the portfolio of its assigned direct reports. Manage and ensure the resolution of such instances in collaboration with the Sr Team Manager or Associate Director.
- Ensure all services failures are identified, tracked and resolved in a timely manner. Take preventative action to ensure that the same service failure(s) does not occur again.
- Effectively collaborate with others and work across boundaries as necessary:
- Assist the Associate Director and/or Sr Team Manager in managing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the global client team.
- Work with the appropriate Business Development Directors to understand the culture and pipeline of assigned customer(s) in order to align resources
- Ability to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in departmental level/cross-department level initiative or project to implement department strategy.
Education/Qualifications: Minimum Required:
- Four (4) year degree; science degree preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- System Management
- Have 10 years of technical Iris/Cache system management experience
- Have 10 years of technical Iris/Cache system security management experience.
- Have experience with encrypted databases and data communication.
- Have experience in Iris/Cache Mirroring.
- Have experience in Linux BASH scripting.
- Have experience in Iris/Cache system monitoring programs.
- Have experience in Iris/Cache system upgrades and adhoc installations.
- Mentoring of peer Team Managers
- The Team manager may be required to mentor peers in the Team Manager role or other individuals as necessary.
- Have 5 or more years of IT people manager experience.
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Be able to effectively work with other teams to obtain optimal results for the business.
Apply on company website