Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join the Histology labratory as a Technologist Trainee in Shelton, CT.
Histology Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in Dermatopathology, Gastrointestinal pathology, Gyn Pathology and Uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals. LabCorp is seeking a Technologist Trainee to work in our Histology laboratory in Shelton, CT! This is a great opportunity to get targeted one-on-one training and hands on experience that will help the individual grow their career within the Histology field.
The work schedule for this position will be 2nd shift (Tuesday-Saturday 3pm-11:30pm)
- Perform all technical grossing procedures required to process and submit specimens for microscopic review as per standard operating procedures under the indirect and direct supervision of pathologists
- Operate and maintain automated tissue processors, perform tissue embedding, Cryostat sectioning, operate and maintain tissue embedding units
- Operate and maintain H&E stainers, IHC stainers, special stains stainers and coverslipping units, perform manual coverslipping
- Provide recut preparation for microtomy and slide organization to perform case compilation for pathology
- Quality control completed cases
- Scan cases out of the lab to pathology, maintain log books, and be familiar with location of stored specimens
- Locate specimens and pulls from various departments as requested, paraffin block filing, lab document archiving, prepare and discard chemical reagents such as reagent alcohols
- Perform safety checks in lab
- Work with chemicals such as Xylene, Alcohols, Formaldehyde, etc.
- Handle minute patient tissue samples
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science as required by CLIA
- Candidate will need to provide official transcripts to be credentialed through the LabCorp National Office of Quality before being hired
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures, record keeping, proper handling and container management, labeling, container and storage inspection
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Apply on company website