Facility Engineering Plumber 1
Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assist in providing plumbing maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Clean and maintain drain lines in buildings and fixtures.
- Perform various plumbing preventive maintenance tasks and procedures as directed.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Assist in water heater and plumbing component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts and tools.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicle if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat repair calls and minimize overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling, climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year proven plumbing experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- Commercial drain line technician experience
Education Level: Other
Required Certifications/Licenses: Other
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TX || Shenandoah || 19245 David Memorial Dr. || 77385 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Facility Engineering || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || Other
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerial Operator, Engineering
Apply on company website