hourly non exemptPosition Summary:
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customer's requests using proper deli equipment.
- Prepare deli/bakery/bistro items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli/bakery/bistro specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend deli/bakery/bistro items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in deli/bakery/bistro such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to Company standards.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, and robot coupe.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, subtraction)
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
hourly non exempt
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Job Segment: Clerical, Food Safety, QA, Quality Assurance, Administrative, Quality, Technology
Apply on company website