Secretary 2, KidsInclusive
Hours of Work: Temporary Part-Time Position (up to 6 months); Days
Pay Band C: $22.245 - $24.649
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital site
The Secretary II arranges multidisciplinary client appointments for Centre staff including clinics held in Centre, using GoldCare and assist in office/clinic routines including, typing reports and other correspondence from KI therapists and/or clinicians. Administrative support is provided to various KI programs to register and update client data and generate reports on Goldcare for therapists. Hours of work may include evenings or weekends.
Each employee must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for supporting and providing client and family-centered care. Employees will demonstrate dignity and respect by being courteous and introducing themselves by name, occupation and role. Wherever possible, the Secretary II will ensure that clients and families receive complete and accurate information and have the opportunity to ask questions. They will encourage clients and families to participate in care and decision-making at the level they choose, and collaborate by involving the client and family in the formulation of a plan of care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scheduling of multidisciplinary client appointments for staff which may include single appointments.
- Coordinate and arrange appointments, meetings, parent conferences, school and Centre visits as requested through Team Leaders.
- Book conference & meeting rooms in GoldCare as required for all appointments/clinics booked.
- Send notification/confirmation of appointments to families, other hospital departments and outside agencies, as necessary
- Maintain and update GoldCare appointment scheduling for cancelled appointments, re-scheduling of cancelled appointments etc.
- Systematically organize client booking follow-ups.
- Acts as back-up for clinical dicta-typing of urgent correspondence in absence of dictatypist
- Scan/transcribe confidential clinical reports, assessments and correspondence
- Process outgoing mail of clinical reports and correspondence as required
- Relief backup for receptionist during breaks; share back up for receptionist during vacation, sick time etc. as needed.
- Prepare requisitions and ordering of office supplies
- Maintenance of KI Family Resource Room including books and DVDs, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all client information, in accordance with privacy legislation and KHSC/KidsInclusive policies.
- Participate in team meetings, discipline meetings and KidsInclusive meetings
- Provide mentoring and shadowing opportunities as requested by management
- Provide input to the development of department and/or hospital quality improvement procedures as requested.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies; make recommendations for purchases.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by management
- Maintain a standard of professional education by attending educational programs and workshops; transmit information obtained from these workshops to fellow employees.
- Complete e-learning modules as required by KHSC/KidsInclusive policies
- Assume educational responsibilities as required by KidsInclusive
- Maintain a record of all educational activities on Goldcare
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Graduate of two-year secretarial course, or equivalent
- Intermediate or higher level use of Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of a computerized client appointment scheduling system
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks in a busy environment
- 2 year's relevant experience
- Continuing education courses related to practice
- Proven good attendance
- Current enhanced security clearance (reference check) for vulnerable populations administered by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website