Registration Clerk - Registration Pool - Temporary, part-time
Hours of Work: Temporary Part-Time Position; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: Band D- $22.255-$24.660
Location: Kingston General Hospital or Hotel Dieu Hospital Site
Performs reception, appointment scheduling and registration duties in the various Patient Registration areas. Responsible to book, re-book appointments in the scheduling module.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Obtains patient demographic, insurance information, signatures, and other relevant data for registration.
- Creates and activates visits on the PCS. Schedules clinic appointments, cancels and/or reschedules appointments, cancels and/or reschedules appointments and mails appointment slips as required.
- Generates and distributes appropriate reports and other information, as required.
- Follows downtime procedures during computer shut down and emergency procedures.
- Adheres to the worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times. Where possible, take corrective action to address a hazard, otherwise report the unresolved hazard, dangerous circumstance, unsafe situation to self, other co-workers or the community, to their supervisor. Should the employee suffer a workplace injury or illness, he/she will advise their supervisor; actively participate in identifying and resolving the underlying cause(s), and participates in early and safe return to work as per Workplace Safety & Insurance Act.
- Understands and is familiar with all pertinent KHSC policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct. Complies with the KHSC Commitment to uphold the Workplace Conduct and Reporting of Inappropriate Conduct policy and behaves in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles and expectations.
- Medical Administration Diploma (2 year) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year experience in a healthcare setting within the last five years
- Microsoft Office Level 1 – Excel and Word will be tested.
- Keyboarding with 35 wpm and 90% accuracy will be tested.
- Medical Terminology proficiency will be tested.
- Ability to navigate the Internet required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and professionally required.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately, ability to cope with frequent interruptions (multitasking) and ability to meet deadlines (time management) required.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment required.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal record check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website