Registration Clerk - COVID Assessment Centre
Hours of Work: Temporary Part-Time Position; Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Rotating Weekends
Pay Band: BAND D- $22.255-$24.660
Location: Leon's Centre - COVID Assessment Centre
Join our Covid Assessment Centre Team!
Are you a passionate healthcare professional who embraces working in a dynamic and innovative environment? Kingston Health Sciences Centre's Covid Assessment Centre is looking for Registration Clerks to join the team.
As a patient liaison, the employee will interact closely with the care team to perform reception and registration duties at the COVID Assessment Centre. These functions are carried out in accordance with the Statement of Confidentiality and Ethics of Patient Records and Registration.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Obtains patient demographic, insurance information, signatures, and other relevant data for registration
- Creates and activates visits on the PCS
- Generates and distributes appropriate reports and other information, as required.
- Follows downtime procedures during computer shut down
- Office Administration General Certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Terminology Certificate.
- Minimum - One year related clerical experience in a hospital or medical office setting within the last five years.
- Microsoft Office Level 2 – Excel and Word will be tested.
- Keyboarding with 40 wpm and 90% accuracy will be tested.
- Medical Terminology proficiency will be tested.
- Ability to navigate the Internet required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and professionally required.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately, ability to cope with frequent interruptions (multitasking) and ability to meet deadlines (time management) required.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment required.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Apply on company website