Registered Practical Nurse - Temporary, Full-time (5 months) - COVID Assessment Centre
Department: COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Hours of Work: Temporary Full-Time Position; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: Band-R $27.679-$30.670
Location: Leon's Centre, Kingston
Join our COVID-19 Assessment Centre Team!
Are you a passionate healthcare professional who embraces working in a dynamic and innovative environment? Kingston Health Sciences Centre's COVID-19 Assessment Centre is looking for RPNs to join the team. The RPN role in the COVID-19 Assessment Centre (AC) includes assessment of the general public seeking a swab for COVID-19, obtaining swabs and educating people about COVID-19.
Under the direction of the Program Manager or delegate, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is accountable to the public and responsible for ensuring that practice and conduct meets legislative requirements and the standards of the profession, as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. RPNs' practice will also comply with Kingston Health Sciences Centre policies and procedures. The RPN autonomously provides care within a full scope of practice as outlined in the College of Nursing Standards of Practice. The RPN will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and departmental/unit established procedures at all times. Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Graduate of a diploma Registered Practical Nurse program from a Community College.
- A member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario or eligible for and seeking registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the CNO standards that apply to the RPN scope of practice in the area of hire.
- Current BLS/CPR Certificate required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team, as well as independently.
- Excellent physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family centered care.
- Demonstrated clinical competence with general medicine nursing skills.
- Experience working in an outpatient clinic setting/ambulatory care environment preferred.
- Excellent organization and communications skills
- Sound problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Ability to function independently within scope of practice
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to cope with stressful work environment
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website