Title: Registration Clerk
Department: Resource Pool
Position Number: 50054185
Hours of Work: Part-Time Position; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: BAND D- $22.255-$24.660
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
In accordance with Article 9.05, where the previous incumbent returns to this position within the thirty (30) day trial period this position shall be deemed not vacant and the posting will be cancelled. Should the vacancy be cancelled, applicants to this posting shall be notified.
As a patient liaison, the employee will interact closely with the care team to perform reception and registration duties in the various Patient Registration areas. Responsible for creating IP, EP, OP, and SM visits on PCS. These functions are carried out in accordance with the Statement of Confidentiality and Ethics of Patient Records and Registration.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Obtains patient demographic, insurance information, signatures, and other relevant data for registration
- Creates and activates visits on the PCS
- Generates and distributes appropriate reports and other information, as required.
- Follows downtime procedures during computer shut down
- Office Administration General Certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Terminology Certificate.
- Minimum - One year related clerical experience in a hospital or medical office setting within the last five years.
- Microsoft Office Level 2 – Excel and Word will be tested.
- Keyboarding with 40 wpm and 90% accuracy will be tested.
- Medical Terminology proficiency will be tested.
- Ability to navigate the Internet required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and professionally required.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately, ability to cope with frequent interruptions (multitasking) and ability to meet deadlines (time management) required.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment required.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website