Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on 2018 September 29
Title: Advisor, Leadership & Talent Development
Hours of Work: Temporary, Part-time (0.8 FTE Position), Days (approx. 6 months)
Department: Leadership & Talent Development
Salary: Class 5 $35.28-$42.33 /hour
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
Reporting to the Manager, Leadership & Talent Development, the Leadership and Talent Development Advisor will participate in the planning, designing, development, implementation and evaluation of learning initiatives and continuous program development focused on the function of learning, leadership, and talent development.
The Advisor is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the organizational strategy by ensuring that assigned activities meet organization goals and priorities and actively promotes and supports patient and family centered care. The Advisor will participate in corporate initiatives and committees to provide learning, leadership, and talent development expertise, consultation and support. Working as part of a team or leading an initiative, the Advisor also assists with other activities supported by the department.
- Develops support tools for leaders and management team (e.g. learning assets (multiple modes)).
- Designs and develops corporate learning assets for virtual delivery (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Designs, develops, implements, delivers and follows up on learning plans, curriculum (and built elements) and interventions
- Consults with key stakeholders and other groups as identified to develop learning tactics for the organization.
- Takes a systems view as well as the ability to apply a methodical and thorough approach to learning needs assessment.
- Participates in the evolution of our leadership development programs including annual alignment to corporate directives and support and guidance of aspiring and emerging leaders.
- Provides guidance and support to identified stakeholders using techniques (e.g. coaching, mentoring, and competency development) that support the achievement of required outcomes.
- Provides recommendations in the on-going development of leadership orientation initiatives.
- Conducts performance gap analysis on individual learning and leadership constituents as identified.
- Provides input and continuous improvement recommendations of the hospital's integrated talent management strategy as it pertains to learning, leadership development, and talent development.
- Analyzes corporate metrics, policies and procedures to ensure the support of learning, leadership development, and talent development initiatives.
- Supports reporting systems to ensure goals and objectives are developed and met.
- Consults with and provides recommendations to Labour Relations/HR Advisors regarding performance development
- Acts as a subject matter expert on projects as required.
- Other duties as required.
*NOTE - The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. A complete job description is available from People Services on Watkins 4.
- Undergraduate Degree in any related discipline.
- Master's degree an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a complex environment.
- Healthcare or public sector experience an asset.
- Strong knowledge of organizational change, change leadership and the management of change initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to think at a systems level.
- Strong communication skills with groups and one-on-one.
- Highly developed skills in the area of needs assessment and consulting.
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- Advanced skills in coaching, teaching, and facilitation.
- Ability to consult and use collaborative approaches to building creative and innovative solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain credibility with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Present calm, professional and respectful demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Performance and learning competence, consulting, coaching, change leadership and/or organizational development.
- Performance development for individual, team, and organizational levels.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office programs
- eLearning development tools and talent management platforms
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in learning design, leadership development, succession planning, and employee engagement.
- Project management methodologies
- Needs assessment methodologies (traditional and non-traditional)
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website