Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). As a family-owned business for over seventy years, we respect our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
Working under the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant supports the operational effectiveness of the Finance and Accounting department by reconciling, compiling, reporting, and reviewing financial information needed on a daily, monthly, and annual basis. The Staff Accountant will support other functional areas of Finance and Accounting as needed.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, research, and resolve reconciling items promptly, and ensure that adequate supporting documentation is maintained.
- Perform monthly close functions, including accruals and preparation, posting and review of journal entries.
- Ensure all month-end journal entries are recorded following the monthly close schedule.
- Coordinate and collaborate with A/R, A/P, and HR as needed as well as key external departments, such as Marketing, Sales, and Operations.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Perform analysis of changes in the individual balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis to include fluctuation analyses.
- Prepare supporting schedules to facilitate the preparation of monthly financial reports, audit schedules and collection of data and collaborate with external auditors to ensure timely and competent responses to audit requests.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Financial Report and supporting footnote schedules.
- Participate in the research of accounting treatment for transactions or new contracts and new accounting pronouncements and documentation of conclusions for management review.
- Identify and implement operational improvements and research technical issues relating to US GAAP.
- Creating financial statements for upper management
- Managing the month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure all accounting practices comply with established accounting principles
- Serve as the liaison with outside tax professionals
- Implement and maintain financial internal controls and policies
- Identify solutions to discrepancies in financial records
- Collaborate with the IT department to maintain financial records and system processes
- Partner with the IT department to improve ERP system usage and output
- Work collaboratively and influentially on projects with cross-functional business partners and across many business groups to achieve desired business outcomes
- Provide ad-hoc financial reports and metrics as needed
- Maintain strict levels of confidentiality
- Teach, train, and explain accounting concepts to others
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all the Company associates including responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience as a Staff Accountant preferred
- Restaurant Accounting experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Experience with ERP or other accounting applications, especially SAP or R365 preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail. with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization
- High proficiency using MS Office including intermediate knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP and building spreadsheets)
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our `ohana.
#LI-BM1Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website