Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!Summary:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is to serve as QA technical resource and shift leader to hourly QA personnel. This position reports directly to the plant QA Manager. The critical technical functions of the position are to develop, implement, maintain, provide training on and ensure the effectiveness of plant food safety and QA functions. The QA Supervisor will assist in the identification and implementation of quality improvements, plant sanitary design, compliance with food safety, and regulatory standards.Job Requirements:
- Provide QA oversight and technical supports to the plant in the areas of food safety and quality compliance.
- Supervise, coach, train, and develop hourly QA personnel.
- Lead or participate in the plant's continuous improvement efforts especially those related to food safety and quality.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and provide training on plant food safety and QA/C programs.
- Investigate external and internal complaints.
- Develop work schedules of hourly QA personnel.
- Conduct internal and supplier quality/food safety audits.
- Lead and complete CAPAs and RCAs.
- Develop and train GLPs and calibration programs to ensure accurate lab results.
- Assure Hold/Disposition functions are conducted in accordance with the established procedures.
- Manage supplier non-conformances from SCARs.
- Manage 3rd party testing and releasing.
- Review food safety and QA/C records.
- Perform PCQI and HACCP reviews.
- Perform other related departmental duties as assigned by QA Manager.
Functional and Technical Skills
- BS Degree in Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering or related technical field and 2+ years of food/beverage manufacturing (FDA or USDA), bakery experience is highly preferred.
- Combination of education and 5+ years of food/beverage manufacturing (FDA or USDA), bakery experience is highly preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership competencies.
- Experience in line management, coaching, and developing teams and individuals.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Strong working knowledge of GMPs, HACCP, FSMA Food Allergens, Food Microbiology, and other food safety/quality programs.
- Working knowledge of current GFSI Schemes – SQF / BRCGS / FSSC 2200.
- Strong working knowledge of laboratory methods.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills; demonstrated ability to write effective QA/C procedures and technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based and fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills: MS Office / SAP preferred.
- Able to travel (5 – 10%) as required.
- 1 – 3 years of supervisory experience is highly preferred.
- Effective and proven project management skills.
- Critical, analytical thinking skills.
- Hands-on analytical approach and style that encourages change and creative problem-solving.
- Great teammate with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact both inside and outside the organization.
- Able to lead, coach, and follow.
- Flexible and willing to handle an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong organizational skills; results-oriented
- Critical thinker, curious and collaborative.
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to crouch, stoop and twist.
- Ability to make common sensory evaluations through sight, smell, taste, and feel.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.
Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website