Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!Summary:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisors, the Maintenance Mechanic supports the operational efficiency of the production department by responding to breakdown calls, trouble shooting, analyzing and repairing mechanical equipment. Continuously promotes through understanding of safety while following all established safety procedures.Job Requirements:
- Responding to trouble calls and brings machines to their accurate running state, including troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Receiving work from shift supervisor or manager, and carrying out assigned duties timely and accurately.
- Completing assigned Preventative Maintenance (PM) work on assigned machines.
- Dismantling, repairing, and re-assembling gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all allied mechanical equipment.
- Reading and understanding blueprints for working systems.
- Promoting safety in the work area by understanding and following safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain company documentations as needed. Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System. (CAMS/SOMAX).
- Responsible for making sure procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan along with any other programs that support the SQF system
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED – Technical or vocational training a plus
- Proficient in PC computer basics i.e. MS Word and Excel. General data entry. (CMMS Experience a plus)
- Must have experienced in industrial maintenance. Minimum of 1 year experience in Industry maintenance field
Should have skill in some if not all of the following:
- Machine shop - Welding ARC-TIG-MIG - PLC 4) Motor controls – Pneumatics – Hydraulics - Basic Electrical
- Able to read Blue Prints/Electrical Prints
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Ability to be a motivated and self-directed without close supervision within a team oriented environment.
- Excellent Communication and troubleshooting skills
- Good electro-mechanical skills required along with experience in repairing and maintaining production or utility equipment.
- Must own a complete set of mechanics tools. (Required tool list)
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. when things cannot be handled on an assisted basis due to room constraints. However, for the most part, the worker will use assistive devices or a co-worker for lifts over 50 lbs.
Additional Advanced skills & training:
RSLogix 500 PLC Training - RSLogix 5000 PLC Training
Panel Builder 32 Software Training (Programming Panel views and Operator interfaces)
Good understanding of troubleshooting relay logic
High Level of parts machining background on lathe & milling machines
Metal Fabrication Skills
Advance Motor Control Training - Understanding and ability to program/troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives - Proficient in Food Grade Sanitary Welding - Computer Networking - AIB Courses – Understanding the Baking Process
SQF – Understanding Food Safety Requirements related to Maintenance
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website