Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!Pay rate: $18.90 per hour. Summary:
This position will require an individual who takes pride and ownership in his/her work and is willing to accept total responsibility for the performance of the packaging machine operation on his/her shift. This individual must possess good mechanical skills and be able to demonstrate their ability to produce quality product at levels that will allow the plant to meet or exceed its goals and objectives.Job Requirements:
- Tends numerically controlled equipment that automatically bags or wraps baked products into packaging materials and secures them closed.
- Activates control panel and observes lights and dials verifying panel and equipment are functioning. Inspects sections of bagging or wrapping equipment, such as conveyors, x-ray machines, and clip closure machines ensuring that equipment is clean.
- Performs machine and product changeovers accurately in standard allocated time for individual lines.
- Puts finished product on scales to verify the weight of the product is scaled per specifications. Informs QA and Supervisor if a product is not meeting specifications. Monitor and adjust scales to ensure accurate weights.
- Documents data into Quality Assurance Forms to completion.
- Completes required production documents to accurately calculate run time, efficiencies and cases produced.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to Supervisor and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are fully followed by sweeping and wiping down equipment.
- Assists in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
- Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and following safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Responsible for metal detector/ X-Ray checks.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual needs to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Skills/Experience:
High school diploma, or GED equivalent. 1-3 years food production area experience.
Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate orally and fill out production and quality assurance reports in English.
Ability to add, subtract, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, taste or smell. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally more than 50 pounds with assistance from a co-worker and/or mechanic devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Frequently exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level is usually moderate. Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and Holidays.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website