Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
- The Nursing Professional Development Specialist (NPDS) is a professional nurse who contributes to the learning and ethical practice development of all nursing employees.
- Responsibilities of the role include serving as an educator, career coach, mentor and leader within the organization.
- The NPDS assists, facilitates and guides the development of nursing employees beginning with initial orientation and continuing throughout the employment of the individual.
- The NPDS serves as a resource to leadership for the implementation of education programs, evidenced based practice and outcomes evaluation.
- The Nursing Professional Development Specialist systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing professional development practice.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments.
- The Nursing Professional Development Specialist reports to a Nurse Manager or a Nursing Director.
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN, ACEN, or CCNE)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required
- Nursing related Master's degree required (must be initiated within one year post hire and completed within 4 years)
- Certification in specialty area required
- BLS required
- Minimum of five years clinical experience
- Medical Surgical Nurse Preceptor Experience
Experience with RN Professional Development Programs, (Professional Ladder, Leader Development, etc)
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Proficient in utilizing computer software
- Experience with an electronic learning management system preferred
Apply on company website