Sign-on Bonus! Up to $3,000 available to eligible applicants
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
**Possible Incentives for external Medical Assistant
- Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience and a two-year work commitment
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
Under the supervision of the provider and/or practice manager, assists and delivers patient care duties, and provides administrative support throughout the practice. This position assists the provider in examination and treatment of patients, performing miscellaneous delegated duties under the direction of provider. This position also interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information in patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. The position will be cross-trained to perform duties to enhance efficiency and continuity of delivery of patient care.
- MA/CMA: Within 15 months from date of hire, continued employment will require successful attainment and retention of one of the following certification/registration CCMA, CMA (AAMA), NCMA, RMA (through AMT) or RMA (through ARMA) plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
- May be hired with six months of experience as a STNA, Nursing Assistant or PCA but are not able to administer medication or enter Epic orders until competency demonstration has occurred.
- LPN: Graduate of accredited LPN program (or equivalent) with current Ohio license.
Basic Life Support certification required.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and public, follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks, be patient, courteous, and tactful.
- Able to work under time constraints, multi-task, and work autonomously with little direction.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and follow directions.
1-year clinical experience in a medical/physician office setting preferred.
- Practical knowledge in the following areas is preferred: examination process, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion.
- Experience with use of electronic medical records preferred.
Apply on company website