Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Under supervision of the Practice Manager, is typically the first point of contact (phone and in-person) for the office. Notifies office staff when patient is ready to be seen. Provides a wide variety of administrative support duties.
The Front Office Specialist is responsible for:
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone calls, screens calls, arranges appointments, and referrals.
- Obtains information, answers questions, and notifies physician or assistant of patient's arrival.
- Prepares new records, organizes files, and maintains records.
- Types correspondence, reports, e-memos, forms.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous front office experience or background in general office work.
- Ability to comprehend established office routines and policies.
- Learns quickly from oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT & ICD-9 coding.
- Understand the ethics of confidentially.
- Good organization skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- electronic medical records experience
- Epic training/experience
Apply on company website