Kelly Services is actively recruiting for a Food Product Regulatory Specialist in Naperville, IL. This opportunity can also be remote, with availability to travel as needed to the headquarters.
Duties of the Regulatory Specialist includes:
- Maintaining consistent awareness of United States laws and regulations as they pertain to food products.
- Support product development, supply chain, and customer service as well as handle the day-to day departmental responsibilities.
- Review preliminary and final formulas for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Generate and review nutrition panels, ingredient statements, formatting and other required information for food packaging to integrate into artwork and marketing copy,
- Review food labeling and packaging to ensure compliance with FDA (US) and CFIA (Canada) requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of programs, policies and practices to ensure that all products comply with applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Track regulations that could have a potential effect on Wilton's food products and business.
- Communicate with vendor representatives and internal business partners concerning specifications, Kosher documentation, label claims and regulatory information.
- Maintain Food Regulatory database(s) with documentation from suppliers and Rabbinical Councils.
- Assist with consumer inquiry calls directed from the Customer Service teams.
Education and Experience required for the Regulatory Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in a food science, nutrition, chemical engineering or related area.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with United States regulatory requirements for branded food products marketed to consumers.
- Proficient in Genesis R&D, MS Office, Work, and Excel; along with the ability to learn other systems as needed.
- Ability to build cross functional consensus and work collaboratively to meet shared objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in prioritizing tasks and managing complexity.
- Ability to work and resolve problems independently.
If interested and qualified, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website