Quality Assurance Technician (Food) - Phoenix, AZ (West Valley)
Kelly Scientific has a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technician to join one of our top clients in Tolleson, AZ who focus is on food manufacturing.
4 x 10 hours works days and must be flexible to work on the weekends!
2nd shift: 2:00 pm to 12:00 am
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to the following policies: Employee Safety, Food Safety and all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- Monitor product attributes to assure product quality is at targeted levels
- Perform product inspection from beginning process to packaged product
- Perform net weight monitoring and/or verification
- Perform package and label monitoring and/or verification
- Collect product samples
- Generate non-compliance and attribute reports
- Maintain HOLD tag reports
- Collect process control data
- Utilize data to perform root cause analysis to facilitate continuous improvement
- Enforce company's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Enforce company's Critical Control Points (CCPs)
- Monitor to assure conformance to requirement of QA and HACCP procedures
- Verify documentation in their area to assure recall ability
- Perform GMP and other quality based audits and document findings
- Participate in QA team meetings
- File paperwork daily
- Complete “foreign Material” reports and investigations
- Complete “Material Rejection” reports and records
- Prepare daily operations paperwork
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- 6 months to 1 year experience working in the Food industry
- Regularly lift and / or move up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working with USDA/FDA required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to train and teach others
- Solid Understanding of Food Safety
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed.
- Long periods of sitting, standing, and exposure to heat and cold, can be expected.
APPLY TODAY! Questions? Contact Kevin at email@example.com
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website