AREA MANAGER - needed in Miami, FL (will oversee several Property Managers - must have recent relatable experience) - DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
Hours are full time and flexibility is a must
Pay Rate: $65K ($31/25/HR.)
Job Summary: The Area Manager will oversee a staff of Property Managers and a portfolio of various types of affordable housing properties in the Miami-Dade County area. They will be responsible for ensuring that projects are operating within regulations local, state, Federal, and administrative tenant programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Property Management, the Area Manager will be responsible for the asset level strategy and oversight within his/her portfolio.
He/she will assist in making the Property Management division more efficient by administering and implementing policies and procedures at the property level. In doing so, the Area Manager will be responsible for training and mentoring the Property Managers at each site.
The Area Manager, along with the assigned Property Managers, will be responsible for ensuring that the applicable Florida Housing programs are properly administered in compliance with the applicable rules, regulations and policies that govern the programs and make certain that all requirements committed to in the Regulatory Agreement (Land Use Restriction Agreement/Extended Use Agreement) are met on an ongoing basis.
The Area Manager will provide direct management supervision of their assigned Property Managers. In this regard, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that all units are suitable for occupancy, taking into account local health, safety and building codes, as well as HUD Physical Condition Standards and Inspection Requirements. The Area Manager will also be responsible for reviewing and ensuring that Tenant Income Certification and Recap of Tenant Income Certification Information are completed according to standardized guidelines.
• Provide and/or direct the creation of reports and analyses to aid in investment decisions. This includes the preparation of property budgets and other financial analyses, including any reports for the individual assets as required by Carrfour Senior Management.
• Establish standards to maximize cash flow, ensure the preservation of the assets and maintain long term value.
• Ensure Property Managers are following approved property policies and procedures as required by Senior Management.
• Ensure Property Managers are conducting and adhering to the approved verification of income process.
• Ensure Property Managers are complying with the requirements of the Florida Housing¬ approved Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan, which is designed to promote equal housing choice for all prospective residents regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, or national origin.
• Ensure Property Managers market units that are suitable for occupancy, taking into account local health, safety and building codes, as well as HUD Physical Condition Standards and Inspection Requirements.
• Bachelor's Degree, with at least 5 years' experience in Property Management, affordable housing and project based is preferred.
• Strong background and work experience in Management Operations
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and property management software.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of government contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website