Kelly Services is seeking Packaging Associates for a food production facility in Affton, MO. In this posttion, you will be responsible for assembling packing boxes, weighing and sealing boxes and boxing product.
- Assembles packaging boxes, reads electronics scales and packages complete blended product in accordance with label description.
- Seals internal plastic liners using electronic sealer.
- Places completed boxes onto pallet and may wrap pallet.
- Adjust controls as needed to ensure quality production. May increase or decrease speed of equipment using HMI or other controls. May pack whole product by hand or pack into box by weight.
- Inspects product to ensure that is made according to specifications.
- Works with QA department to provide necessary samples at prescribed times. Makes necessary adjustments to product based on feedback.
- Fills out all necessary paperwork.
- Ensures that all bag waste is disposed of or recycled as required.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly throughout shift.
- Ability to work in hot environments near moving mechanical parts.
- 1st Shift- 6:30am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday
- 2nd Shift- 2:30pm-11:00pm, Monday through Friday
- 3rd Shift- 10:30pm-7:00am, Monday through Friday
- *All shifts will be asked to work on some Saturdays
Please note- this position is being recruited for by a Kelly remote office, not your local branch office. You can apply directly to this posting.
Job Type: Full Time
Hourly Salary: $12.50 to $13.00
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website