Substitute School Nurse, Elkins School District
No experience? No problem! This rewarding opportunity comes with free training and paid orientation.
- Feel good about the work you do.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Makes appropriate health appraisals of students referred and provides health counseling to students and their parents when necessary
- Provides vision, auditory and scoliosis screening of students in compliance with health screening mandates and conducts follow-up of all deficiencies by assisting parents in making plans for further examinations and correction
- Keeps accurate records of activities at assigned schools and assist in establishing and maintaining necessary student health records
- Records the results of health screenings and other significant health information in cumulative records
- Completes a health/development evaluation on those students referred to special education when specified in an assessment plan
- Serves as a member of the Individualized Education Plan team to report results of health/development evaluations and provide health-related information
- Assists in control and prevention
- Communicable disease by providing information to staff, students and parents about protective measures against communicable disease
- Establishes contact with appropriate members of the medical community as part of follow-up procedures of chronic and communicable disease cases
- Works with and acts as liaison to school health committees, county health officials and other agencies concerned with the health and welfare of students
- Provides emergency care for serious accidents and illnesses which occur at school
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute school nurse:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
“*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
1. Apply now!
2. Schedule a meeting via phone with a Sourcing Specialist to expedite the hiring process. This will be your opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the position.
3. Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We're always looking for more role models!
*For convenient communication, opt-in to receive SMS Text upon applying
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Center of Disease Control (CDC), state officials, and school district administration and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website