Kelly Scientific is seeking a Lab Technician in Milwaukee, WI.
Temporary role (until mid December)
Shift: Monday - Friday 6:30am-3pm
Compensation: $19-$20/hour DOE
- Perform routine chemical analysis, following established, documented procedures as required by NR149 and NR219 and other regulatory documents as appropriate.
- Perform secondary review of analyses performed by the team.
- Perform specific tasks required to support the operation of the laboratory. These may include, but are not limited to, preparation of reagents and analytical standards, preparation of bottles for samples, glassware cleaning and preparation, sample preparation, laboratory housekeeping, and document and file maintenance.
- Review, record and store analytical results manually and/or electronically.
- Operate analytical instruments using established, documented procedures.
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies for assigned analyses.
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot and perform minor repairs and adjustments for assigned instruments.
- Train personnel and temporary help for assigned analyses.
- Obtain samples for routine, project or emergency purposes.
- Ensure the completion of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Associate degree in chemistry or a closely related field including one semester in quantitative analysis.
- Two years of job related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and the ability to apply basic principles, practices and techniques used in chemistry, quantitative analyses and conduct of laboratory analyses
- Ability to maintain accuracy in methods and calculations
- Knowledge and understanding of NR149 and NR219 and other regulatory requirements
- Ability to operate specialized tools and semi-complex to complex laboratory equipment, such as gravimetric, titrator, spectrophotometer, digestive and automated equipment, etc.
- Computer software proficiency
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website