Kelly Services is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for a 12-month contract position located in Minneapolis, MN. The Controls Engineer will work as a member of the Global Control Systems Center of Excellence supporting transport refrigeration system development. This role will support the execution of embedded controls development projects, working with the hardware, software, validation test, and system integration functions. Stong possiblility to turn into a direct hire opportunity.
*** For Immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com. ***
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop models for system level control algorithms and functionality that provide superior performance, enhance reliability and diagnostics.
- Execute simulation, rapid experiments and concept validation testing.
- Support system and sub-system level integration testing to insure control system behavior meets implicit and explicit requirements.
- Review and analyze system test data.
- Auto-generate code and work with software integration teams to build system functionality.
- Align with organizational development standards and processes.
- Collaborate with product management and system integration teams.
- Drive project execution and achieve project milestones.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics.
- Minimum of 4 years in controls, electronics or systems engineering fields.
- Understanding of control system design including instrumentation, HMIs, communication networks, and distributed systems required.
- Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering).
- Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory, model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive control, fuzzy logic).
- Understanding of optimization techniques is preferred.
- Experience with model based design processes and modeling & simulation of complex systems is required.
- Proficiency with Mathworks tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow is required.
- Proficiency in SVN, Jenkins or Dymola is beneficial.
- Experience with MAAB, J-MAAB, IEC 62304 or equivalents are preferred.
- Experience in automating processes is preferred.
- Knowledge in refrigeration, vapor compression or thermodynamics/fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Knowledge in compressors, engines or power electronics is a plus.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website