A Controller is needed on a permanent basis for a medium sized distribution company located in Santa Rosa. The Controllerwill handle high level accounting functions, such as financial statements, reconciliations, audits, and closing periods. This role will report directly to the owner and work alongside an outside CPA on a monthly basis. Performing the corporate accounting in this role is essential as this will be the highest position in accounting for the company. The accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions will be handled by general accounting staff this role will oversee. The Controller will also be involved in partnering with the Cost Accounting Manager to obtain inventory/ manufacturing related accounting data for reporting purposes.
This is an immediate opportunity to join a friendly, positive working environment! Accounting Managers looking for a promotion are welcome to apply!
- Reconcilebank and G/L accounts
- Prepare financial statements
- Oversee the entire accounting and audit periods for the company
- Work directly with outside CPA during month-end close
- Review journal entries of general accountants
- Assist with financial and ad hoc based projects
- Supervise 1-2 general accounting staff
- Current Controller level status is preferred, but a minimum of three years as an Accounting Manager or Full Charge Bookkeeper for a small to midsize company handling full closing and accounting functions will suffice
- High degree of professionalism and excellent vendor relationship management skills
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but work equivalency is acceptable
- Must have smaller software exposure, such as QuickBooks, NetSuite, SAP Business Objects, etc.
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world's most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website