Experienced Cable Assembler needed in Irving TX
7am-3:30pm (8 hrs + 30 min lunch)
7am-4pm (8 hrs + 1 hour lunch)
Principally responsible for the assembly of cables and modules in accordance with exacting design specifications.
- Coaxial cables (many different size and connectors, flex and solid center conductors)
- Industrial automation connectors (panel connectors and ferrules, drive connectors, motor connectors, cutting and terminating equipment)
- MS connectors (all kinds of variations and sealing operations)
- Commercial electronics connectors (mini and micro fit on medium speed termination equipment)
- Hi flex cable assemblies (WL Gore / LEONI cores and PTFE sleeves with heat-shrink and special clamps)
- Fabricates and tests cable assemblies following blueprints specifications, using measuring instruments, hand tools, and machines
• Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders and specifications to define sequence of operations, type & size of cable fittings required, quantity and finished dimensions.
Will also aid in the testing of fully assembled cables and modules. Verify and inspect all components produced in the cable lab.
- Must have problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to read blueprints and interpret complicated specifications.
- Must have extensive understanding of complex mechanical assembly, cable assembly and module assembly.
- Understand and operate various hand and power tools involved in assembly and cable making.
- Willingness to assist assembly team with other duties as required.
- Continuous mental and visual attention is necessary to perform various duties requiring constant alertness and activity.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Typically requires 5+ years wiring experience
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website