Kelly-Moore's mission is to provide high quality, innovative products with exceptional service at fair value. What sets Kelly-Moore Paint Company apart from the competitors, is not just premium products but also our amazing team!
FULL TIME -
The store manager is responsible for the direct management and leadership of the employees and operations of a Kelly-Moore Paint store. The Store Manager partners closely with the Outside Sales team to ensure the store consistently provides excellent service by understanding the needs of the customers and the business. The Store Manager regularly utilizes leadership skills, experience and independent judgment to ensure the sales, gallon and margin and profit growth performance objectives of the store are met.
1. Demonstrates and promotes exceptional customer service skills using Kelly-Moore Paint Company's Signature Service Standards and coaches the team to the same standard.
2. Partners with Sales team to develop and implement strategies to generate and grow business, including house accounts; supports marketing initiatives.
3. Demonstrates a solid understanding of company products and applications while developing and coaching employees to do the same.
4. Develops solutions to best serve customers and grow the business.
5. Utilizes skills and experience to ensure all operational parameters and goals are met, focusing on sales revenue, gallons sold and margin dollars.
6. Complies with the requirements of a retail store schedule, which may include opening the store early in the morning, and on weekends and holidays, and closing the store.
7. Schedules staff according to business needs, manages payroll expenses to budget or better, and approves employee timecards.
8. Recruits, reviews applications, interviews and assesses applicants and makes hiring decisions based on business needs.
9. Utilizes skills, independent judgement and experience to manage inventory levels to budget, keep paint and sundry inventories at sufficient levels, ensures proper stock rotation, and conducts cycle counts, shelf audits, ordering and physical inventories to support business goals.
10. Oversees and handles payment transactions, cash and charge verifications and deposits, change verifications and safe withdrawals; ensuring all PCI requirements are followed.
11. Accurately distinguishes colors.
12. Provides for the safety and security of employees and the property.
1. Professionally represents Kelly-Moore Paint Company
2. Holds others to company standards.
3. Directs employee development through coaching and feedback.
4. Cultivates positive interpersonal relationships among the store team and customers.
5. Resolves employee relations concerns promptly and equitably.
6. Ensures company standards for store and employee appearance are met, including preventive maintenance of equipment and the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the store.
7. Completes all required training in a timely manner and enables staff to do the same.
8. Sometimes accurately tints paint and eye matches color as necessary.
9. May make deliveries on occasion in order to meet customer requirements while complying with Kelly-Moore Paint Company's driving agreement.
10. Ensures all requirements of Kelly-Moore Paint Company's compliance program are met.
11. Complies with Kelly-Moore Paint Company policies and procedures
1. Age requirement: Must be 19 years of age or older if employed in California, Texas, or Oklahoma. Must be 21 years of age or older if employed in Nevada.
2. Sometimes carries, relocates and/or lift up to 70 pound cartons and containers, including 5-gallon paint containers. 3. Sometimes operates a fully loaded (280 lbs.) handtruck and/or cart (1120 lbs.)
4. Sometimes kneels, stoops, crouches, bends, climbs, reaches overhead, pushes, pulls, and grasps. 5. Works around heat, cold, dirt, dust, and minimal paint odors.
6. Uses electronic point-of-sale device and scanner.
7. Sometimes operates a variety of motor vehicles including vans and flatbed trucks.
8. May sometimes be required to operate powered industrial trucks such as forklifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.
9. May sometimes perform light maintenance including sweeping, mopping, and dusting. May sometimes clean restrooms as needed.
10. May be seated at a desk working on computer for a portion of the workday.
11. Stands and walks on concrete surfaces for up to 8 hours per day.
12. Sometimes operates powered industrial equipment, including tinting and shaking equipment.
1. Familiarity with a structured sales process and ability to coach and mentor employees.
2. Valid driver's license, a safe driving record and ability to operate a variety of vehicles including vans and flatbed trucks.
3. Successful completion of the company driver's safety and defensive driving courses as required.
4. Ability to use the Internet, computer and software applications, databases and spreadsheets.
5. English language skills, including a level of reading comprehension, and written and oral language conventions ordinarily attained by receiving a high school diploma or equivalent.
6. Math skills of number sense, measurement, and geometry, and math reasoning as are ordinarily attained by receiving a high school diploma or equivalent.
7. Financial skills sufficient to understanding profit and loss and operating statements.
8. Three to five years of experience in paint/coatings, construction, home improvement industry, and/or retail.
9. For Internal Candidates Only: Must not have received a written corrective action or have been on a performance improvement plan within the past six months.
Kelly-Moore provides equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. We will not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment because of any basis protected by federal, state, local law including race, color, religion, religious dress or grooming practice, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical and mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information.
Apply on company website