Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
KeHE is an essential business dedicated to keeping our stores in stock
The Warehouse Forklift Operator organizes the loading dock and loads customer orders accurately per route sequence and dispatch time.
Monday-Friday 3:00 PM-11:30 PM
This position has required overtime.
Pay is 18.50 an hour.Essential Functions:
- Operate powered industrial truck equipped with lifting device such as forklift or hand jack to manipulate product.
- Take inventory of materials on loading dock, and ensure that all product is accurately staged, properly stacked, and appropriately shrink-wrapped.
- Determine appropriate loading configuration, taking into account stop order, product mix, and routing, to ensure maximum cube utilization.
- Load product into truck on pallets or by hand stacking or a combination thereof.
- Ensure the method of loading prohibits damage in transit.
- Check for frozen perishable product on cooler dock and merge with correct order.
- Ensure all non-food items are also loaded, i.e. pallet jacks, display racks, mail.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.)
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- OSHA Forklift Certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate well with internal customers and management.
- Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is required to sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.
Apply on company website