Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Manager will lead the creation and management of the item forecasts at multiple levels within the hierarchy. This role will oversee the creation and evaluation of item-level statistical forecasts and support event-based movement related to promotional activity, new product placement, and increased points of distribution to drive efficient purchasing execution and productive inventory. Additionally, the Manager, Supply Chain oversees divisional supply chain operations including purchasing, inventory management, logistics management, and supplier performance along with managing the overall relationships between the KeHE supply chain organization and the independent and regional account teams to facilitate seamless integration between customer and KeHE order management processes & systems.
This position provides the single point accountability and the leadership necessary to achieve key divisional objectives: managing inventory levels and turns, achieving/improving targeted customer service levels, mitigating inventory obsolescence/spoils, and partnering with vendors to improve inbound service level metrics and reduce end-to-end supply chain costs. The Manager, Supply Chain will work cross- functionally with peers in demand planning, account management, vendor management, transportation, warehouse operations, inbound freight shippers, and vendors. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.Essential Functions:
- Manages a team of Demand Planner, Sr. Demand Planner, Supply Chain Planner and Sr. Supply Chain Planners.
- Sets aggressive goals for their team and drives accountability for meeting both team and overall departmental goals.
- Consistently monitors and tracks performance goals for the team. Puts corrective actions in place when necessary.
- Ensure the team delivers targeted results for all category and DC performance metrics: forecast accuracy, outbound fill rate, promotional execution, inventory turnover, and spoils.
- Monitors overall supply pipeline for their distribution center. Communicates all critical supply pipeline changes to Senior Leadership and takes a proactive leadership role in generating timely options to deal with issues and mitigate risk.
- Champions company initiatives with ability to translate strategic goals into specific actions and objectives for their team.
- Creates and fosters an environment of continuous improvement, teamwork, accountability and innovation.
- Ensure the team utilizes internal data to quickly recognize changes in item-level sales trends to drive a proactive response across the supply chain.
- Lead regularly scheduled meeting with category and DC leadership to review performance to KPI's, growth opportunities and trends, plans for at-risk inventory, new business/sku offering inventory status.
- Demonstrates organizational savvy with ability to build key alliances necessary to get things done.
- Provides strategic analysis and recommendations for inbound freight consolidation, and Supply Network Optimization.
- Drives strategic projects and improvements with vendors.
- Ensure the team provides data driven insight and actionable feedback to all internal partners regarding quality/accuracy of event-based sales projections.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years of related supply chain experience desired.
- Minimum 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, directing work and setting priorities.
- Forecasting/planning experience in a high sku, slow movement environment utilizing advanced planning systems such as JDA Demand/Fulfillment, SAP/APO, Logility, Oracle Demantra, Manhattan, etc.
- Outstanding communication (both verbal and written) and relationship management skills.
- Capable of influencing & educating organization on supply chain and forecasting success factors.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify long-term issues, develop and implement strategies to address these issues, and linking shorter-term activities to these strategies.
- Ability to prioritize workload to have the most significant impact on customer satisfaction and performance to KPI's.
- Prior experience in food industry and/or code sensitive product environment preferred.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Outstanding analytic skills with demonstrated success organizing, analyzing and accurately interpreting large amounts of data.
- Solid understanding of applicable statistical concepts needed to appropriately “tune” forecasts.
- Advanced financial acumen and ability to apply cost-benefit analysis in their decision making.
- Skilled presenter to senior management and executive level.
- Successful negotiator with vendors and key business partners. Ability to drive influence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with focus on advanced Excel skills and analysis.
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Cognos or Business Objects highly desired.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification highly desired.
Apply on company website