Sr. QA Automation Engineer - Full-time - REMOTE (U.S.)
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer who is highly skilled in automated testing? Are you looking for an environment where you can positively impact the development process while working in bleeding edge tech? Build to scale and optimize efficiently? Share your opinions on future technologies, and most importantly, thrive in a team environment?
We openly encourage and empower our dev teams to work remotely. The KeHE tech teams ensure each person has the tools, proper connectivity, and a comfortable work-from-home setup. While we look forward to the day when we can safely welcome back employees to a beautifully renovated and expanded office space in Naperville, 100% remote work will continue to be an option for this position.
For more on our tech scene, check out KeHE Distributors on Built In Chicago, where we are named one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago.Primary Responsibilities:
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of the new system to be tested. This individual must have the proficiency of both the technical side of the system as well as understand what the business user expects. The Senior QA Engineer will create automated test scripts, use cases, test cases, test plans, create test data and define the expected result. During daily scrum meetings and collaborations meetings, this person will collaborate and communicate around the above artifacts with team members, other technical teams and users, to ensure accuracy and transparency prior to test execution. The Senior QA Engineer will document test results and report status on the systems stability. Furthermore, the person in this role will be able to work with the Lead and manager to analyze and absorb new projects, and evaluate the designed system, the requirements and other key approaches to develop a comprehensive test approach.
Major projects include (but not limited to)
- A B2B ecommerce platform for retailers of the food industry
- A B2B digital platform for suppliers of the food industry
- A top-tier virtual marketing show experience built entirely online
- Charity hackathons and contributions to "Make Lives Better"
- Play an active part in an Agile team throughout the Lifecycle to collaborate on the analysis, design, development & testing
- Actively participates in Sprint planning sessions to create stories with robust acceptance criteria while helping identify missing or incomplete requirements
- Actively participates in design/technical reviews to identify missing, incomplete or inaccurate design assumptions or design choices.
- Creates and Executes automated scripts for regression, integration, and functional testing on newly designed or modified applications/systems.
- Thoroughly analyzes, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Clearly articulates verbally and in writing the specifics around defects
- Monitors and updates defect reports as needed to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Independently follows up with design/development resources regarding defects.
- Follows agreed upon implementation of agile philosophies to ensure that all information system products and services meet; both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Assists Production Support by testing time sensitive defects and providing advice on system functionality.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management
- Mentor and coach team members and new team members
- Champions test automation and testing best practice
- Evaluate solution to design, script and execute Performance (Load, Stress to name a few) tests
What you bring:
- At least 4 yrs. experience with Agile/Scrum projects, tools (Jira/Rally)
- At least 3 yrs. experience in Manual testing, Test Planning, Estimations
- At least 4 yrs. experience in scripting automation using Java, Selenium, (Preferably with Cucumber, JBehave, TestNG etc.)
- At least 2 yrs. experience in testing APIs and Automating API Tests
- At least 2 yrs. experience in SQL scripting used for Data verification (Backend Tests) and Automation SQL Tests.
- Rest-Assured for API Automation
- Understands and experienced with Defect cycle, defect priority, Defect Triage
- At least 1 yr. experience in any Load/Performance test tool.
- Team Player should be able to handle end to end test activities for a feature team
- Strong Communication Skills
Good to Have:
- Cloud technology or experience (AWS Test Experience preferred)
- Mobile Apps Automation using Appium
What you Get:
Competitive Salary, Profit-sharing, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/disability insurance, FSA & HSA, 401k, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Work From Home, Remote Work (even after corporate offices re-open)
Apply on company website