Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
KeHE is an essential business dedicated to keeping our stores in stock
The Outbound Transportation Planner is accountable for planning customer orders, maximizing company assets, servicing the customer's expectations, and maintaining federal requirements.
Hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM.Essential Functions:
- Route and sequence orders for delivery, assuring optimum effectiveness and efficiency to meet changing business needs,
- Effectively integrate new customers and routes into established business.
- Analyze cost efficiency of existing route configurations on an ongoing basis implementing efficiency where appropriate.
- Integrate 3rd party business.
- Communicate with customers/sales as needed to assure optimum service levels.
- Maintain software databases to support route picking, trailer/tractor tracking, and order processing.
- Communicate and work as part of a team with other KeHE groups both inside and outside of Transportation to meet company objectives.
- Coordinate and work with warehouse management to balance picking volume and address any Transportation driven issues.
- Coach, train, and evaluate drivers . Address and resolve driver –related incidents.
- Understand what is needed to maintain a safe driver environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and assure compliance with company and other applicable policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Minimum of three (3) years previous transportation / logistics experience required.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office platforms required.
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of transportation and routing.
- Must be analytical, results-oriented, self-directed, and have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree specializing in transportation preferred.
- Previous experience optimizing freight movements utilizing optimization software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and be customer focused.
- The ability to identify and resolve conflicts.
- Process Improvement mindset.
- Excellent problem solving, and strong research skills.
Apply on company website