Job Posting TitleSubstitute Teacher (Temporary)
Employee TypeTemporary On-Call (Fixed Term)
Recruiting Start Date07-19-2021
Recruiting End Date09-26-2021
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
Our Kapālama Campuses (Elementary, Middle, and High Schools) are looking for Substitute Teachers to work daily, Monday – Friday, from 7:30am – 3:30pm, specific needs will vary by campus level. We are looking for candidates who can work full-time AND on-call as needed. This position will require folks to be on campus, in-person working directly with students, staff, and parents.
On an as-needed basis, serve as a substitute teacher at the elementary, middle and/or high school levels.
- On an as-needed basis, serve as a substitute teacher at the elementary, middle and/or high school levels.
- May also be required to do the following:
o Provide academic support for students enrolled in online courses.
o Provide academic support for students working independently on assignments, projects, or independent study.
o Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Knowledge of instructional methods appropriate for students at the respective grade level.
- Desire and ability to work with students at the specified age level with diverse backgrounds and levels of ability toward accomplishing their educational goals.
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time to meet many and varied deadlines; manage small and large groups of students in a classroom environment; communicate effectively with students, parents, school administrators and other staff, including the ability to discuss topics which may be sensitive.
- Recent teaching experience, coursework, or other activity in area of primary instruction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current instructional strategies appropriate for students at the specified grade level.
- Previous experience teaching the age levels and subject areas of the specific teaching position.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Hawaiian culture.
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to meet goals and objectives.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
For Internal Use Only: #LI-CA
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com or 808-534-8040 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Primary LocationKapalama Campus
City, StateHonolulu, Hawaii
Apply on company website