What you will do
Service Technicians diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
How you will do it
• Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
• Service, troubleshoot, and install fire alarm systems and various Electronic Equipment
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
• Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers.
• Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment.
• Available for on-call emergency service.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work with Card Access, CCTV, Burglar Alarms, and Fire Alarms.
What we look for
- Must possess a fire alarm or electrical license (BF, B, AF or A class licenses)
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
• Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
• Experience installing, inspecting, repairing, and programming fire alarm panels.
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
• Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET preferred in the subfield of Fire Alarm. Must obtain Level II within 1 year.
- Experience with fire alarm service experience AND electrical experience (wiring, piping, etc.) are preferred
What else you'll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Apply on company website